Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Next Skyrim expansion...

Hey everyone!

Today I was checking uesp.net, and saw this gem on the main page:

Possible Skyrim Expansion Files Found in 1.8 — October 16, 2012



Now, when I was younger I had a long phase where I was obsessed with all things magical. The mere mention of dragons, wizards, Harry Potter, and the like would capture my interest. Yes, I have a replica of a Harry Potter wand. Yes, in grade five I wore my Gryffindor house cloak to school and reenacted my favourite scenes from Harry Potter with my friends at recess. My biggest wish was to go to Hogwarts, and my second biggish wish was to have a pet dragon. I also thought being a dragon rider (like Eragon from the Inheritance Cycle) would be pretty damn cool.

I eventually grew out of that stage, but magic and dragons in general still holds a spot in my heart. Throughout the many hours I have spent playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, I have desperately wished that my character, the legendary Dovahkiin, could obtain a dragon mount.

Well, judging by the news article on UESP, it certainly seems that my wishes may very well come true. Hopefully the rumours of a dragon mount will not turn out false (much like the red dragon in Minecraft), as a dragon mount in Skyrim would be fantastic

If nothing else, a dragon mount would be the sole reason that I would buy the expansion. In fact, judging by the footage shown in Bethesda's "Skyrim Mod Jam" trailer, a player-owned dragon mount seems very possible.


Perhaps in future expansions, Bethesda will add another item on my "Skyrim wishlist": The ability for the player to become the Jarl of his/her own settlement.

Until next time,
 - Andre :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so leave a comment!