Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Back in commission!

Hey everyone!

Last Wednesday I had a bit of a cough/sore throat when I woke up, but didn't let that stop me and went to school anyway. By the end of first period, I was feeling one hundred times worse, and came home with a headache, fever, chills, aches...the flu. That day was spent in bed, and later on in the evening I went to a walk-in clinic, where they told me to stay home and rest/take fluids.

By the next morning I was feeling mostly fine again, so I went on the Harbourfront Centre field trip with my Media class. Yet another mistake...by the time I got home my fever was back up to 102.7 degrees and I spent another night in bed.

Throughout Friday, my fever went up and down, and eventually my doctor recommended that my parents take me to the hospital for chest X-rays, as he thought I may have contracted pneumonia.

After nearly three hours in the hospital, the doctors concluded that I did not have pneumonia and that I should stay home for a few days to rest, as well as continue to take fluids. Was that not what the walk-in clinic told me on Wednesday? Oh well, back to bed I went.

Saturday and Sunday were grueling, especially since I had now become bored of being stuck in my house. Oh what I would have given to be outside! Monday came around and I decided to go to school. Most of my symptoms were gone...all except for a lingering cough which I am still getting over.

Rest assured, I am not contagious!

Until next time,
 - Andre :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so leave a comment!